Monday, September 19, 2005

A Rocky Start...

So you know how they all say, start off with a bang and your students will listen to you. Well, it went off with a bang, but not the bang you necessarily want. I take my 7 minute walk to school, very excited for my first day of teaching. I am nervous about how things will go. But as long as I don't trip or my fly isn't down, it will be great!

I walk into my first class, the 11th grade, which started at 8:20 and wouldn't you know it... the schedule has changed and I was in the wrong class at the wrong time. I had just introduced myself and was about to get the lesson started when another teacher came in saying that she was teaching. Little did I know, my counterpart Borislav failed to inform me that the schedule he gave me changed. Typical. It was sooo humiliating having to gather all my things and walk out. I am almost positive my cheeks were a bit rosy as I left, too.

It was not the worst thing that could have happened, but it was not exactly the first impression I wanted to give either. Wish me luck for my other classes.

No comments: