Thursday, August 04, 2005

Bumble Bees, Honey Bees, Yellow Jackets or Wasps...

You are sitting down at an outdoor cafe enjoying an iced tea, coffee or whatever your drink of choice happens to be. You are chatting away with your friends, parents, or even a friendly stranger. And suddenly!!!!!! A pesky little insect comes to stop by to visit your delightfully sweet drink.


Now, when I am in a situation like the above, I am one to silently (and sometimes not so silently) freak out. I have always had this crazy fear of getting stung. Ever since I was a little girl, I have had this notion that getting stung is the absolute worst pain one can have. The one time I was stung I cried and cried...and probably cried some more. But is really that bad?

Although I am sure to continue my mini freak outs, I am also a little bit determined to get stung. Sound crazy? It probably is. But I am just a bit curious what it actually feels like. Why am I so terrified of those buzzing insects? It's not like I am allergic.

Can anyone tell me what it actually feels like?

No comments: