Thursday, August 18, 2005

Snoring Neighbor....

When I first moved into my apartment, I was very happy to find that I don’t have a small twin bed but something like a double. It is nothing compared to my bed at home but this is the Peace Corps, right? My bed may not be quite as comfortable and homey but the circumstances at night remind me very much of home.

I go to bed at all different hours. Sometimes it is 9:00 if I have had a long day or its 5:00 am if I have had a long night partying. Whatever the case may be I lie in bed and try to go to sleep. But I always seem to have a bit of trouble. I have started drinking more coffee than I would like but that is just not it. The reason for my troubles comes from my neighbor. His apartment has a different entrance than mine so I have actually never met him. I have no idea if he is old or young, married with kids or a single bachelor. No matter because he SNORES!!!! I can hear him through the wall. I thought I escaped people snoring when I left home….

But even when I am cursing him as I lay awake, I realize I am smiling a bit. It reminds me of home, hearing by brother, John in the next room or my dad down the hall....and sometimes, even hearing my sister, Jenny in the same room. Although I am sure my family will deny that they snore, it just makes me laugh more than anything. I also can’t believe that these big concrete buildings are soo thin I can hear the guy next door snoring and night. Maybe I will try pounding on the wall (it’s not like I can move his pillow to make him stop).

No comments: