Sunday, November 13, 2005

Only in Bulgaria...

Only in Bulgaria would I be driving in a car touring different cities with a guy from France and a girl from Spain. And our main means of communicating was all in Spanish... And although I could understand everything in Spanish (most everything), my answers kept coming out in Spangarian or Banglish... I kept thinking in Bulgarian and couldnt seem to dust off the Spanish that has been sitting uselessly in the back of my mind. Oh well.


This was what my Sunday consisted of. We rented a car a drove to a few popular destinations. Veliko Turnovo, Shipka, and Kalofer. It was quite a treat to be in a car and not have to worry about the public transportation. Veliko Turnovo was a very unique city. It is very much the modern mixed with the old. There is a big rebuilt ancient castle with a church atop it. But there is a twist..the art in the church was very modernistic and almost abstract. Not what you would expect to find. With only a short time to tour the castle, I am certain I will be back to tour the rest of the city. Cant wait to see what it looks like in the spring when the fog is gone and it looks less like a scary medieval setting. I think there may have even been snow...(well, some form of it anyway.)


All in all a good day. My new motto for living in Bulgarian...."Todo es possible en Bulgaria." (Anything is possible in Bulgaria...in Spanish)

No comments: