Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thanksgiving with My Students...

Well, thanksgiving is quickly approaching and I felt the need to celebrate it with my students. Afterall, I am the American English teacher here to teach them about our traditions. So, I misxed a little fun with facts. We discussed the history of the day and even had a little fun, I had them make a thankful turkey. I couldnt exaclty have them trace their hand and decorate it. I remember doing that in like the 3rd grade. These are high schoolers. This is where I got creative. I made a poster with two copies of turkeys pasted to it. Then, I cut out lots of paper that looked like feathers (well sort of anyways). They had to write a few things they were thankful for and paste it to the turkey. I guess it is still for little kids but I bet it beats the other lessons.



Some of the things they were thankful for...

family
beautiful girls
silicone
zagoka beer
rakia
friends
chalga music
our school
and of course they said ME!

Gobble, gobble!

No comments: