Monday, November 20, 2006

Just a walk in the park...

Over the weekend, my site mates and I took walk in the park...literally. We ventured up past my apartment to a hidden treasure we newly discovered. An absolutely beautiful and peaceful lake surrounded by a park. Although it looks a bit chilly and deserted, there were actually a bunch of old men, young couples, kids and even dogs sitting peacefully around the water. Most were fishing. I think I just found my new peaceful spot in Stara Zagora, and maybe even a place to go jogging.
















And on the way to this wonderful place, we passed by the Zagorka Brewery. That's right, the fabulous place they make Zagorka. The beer that is widely enjoyed by most Bulgarians and foreigners. And it is definately my beer of choice costing a whopping 1.50 stotinki (equivalent to one buck). Sorry guys, the brewery is not open for tours.





















The new guy in the pictures is Shane, the other new volunteer who took Matt's place. Remember, Ryan replaced Larry. And Shane replaced Matt. And then there is Alex, and me of course. So that makes up the Stara Zagora crew. Oh, and we cant forget Melody, the honorary member of the Stara Zagora team. So, that should fill get all of you up to speed at this point.

















(Note: Ryan, thanks for the pictures.)

No comments: