Wednesday, November 22, 2006

We are thankful for...

Thanksgiving is tomorrow. And I am going to celebrate it with my students. Last year, we covered paper turkeys with feathers that stated something we are thankful for. And this year, we are doing the same. Except this year, the turkeys are different. Check out my naked turkeys I made. I have made a total of 7 turkeys for some of my classes. Soon they will have feathers.


On a similar notee, some people keep saying I shoud be a primary teacher after they see somee of the crafty things I come up with. And sometimes I think I may even agree with those people. But today, I think this is just a way for me to relax and release all my creative energy. Most days I am teaching rather tough yet interesting topics like the Rwandan Genocide, tabacco use, essay writing, short story writing, or other cultural topics or written tasks. But these are the days where we get to have a little fun and steer away from the traditional classrooml lecture setting. So, as much as I enjoy beeing creative and resourceful, I also very much enjoy teaching my high school students.

Gobble, gobble!

No comments: