Friday, July 27, 2007

Goodbye Pool...

It was a sad day for me today. Today, my friends, was my last day at the pool. Yes, that is right. I will no longer be basking in the sun at Stara Zagora's hippest pool called Escape. Its a perfect name for the pool as most go there to "escape". Not such a clever name in fact, but eh.

(Christina and Grant...my occasional pool buddies.)

All week, my days looked like this. I woke up, drank some juice, fooled around online for a bit, put on the swim suit, lathered up the sunscreen, packed my towel and book, and headed on out to the pool. All this by 11:30 am. I sat around reading, drinking iced coffees, cooled off by dipping in the pool, napped under the sun's rays, and just simply relaxed. And I would do it all over again the next day. Seriously, this week couldn't get any better.

(The pool. Please note the wheel chair. Not so surprising to see handicapped people at the pool as it is actually easier for them in the water, but surprising to see it in Bulgaria.)

That was until the lifeguard blew her whistle for the last time at 5:30 pm instructing us to get out of the pool. My friends were with me as we said goodbye and walked out. But enough of this complaining. I will be off to Greece in a few days, basking under those beautiful rays.

No comments: