Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Socialites of Sofia....

"Happy and Beautiful People." Oh yeah, that's me.


As a Peace Corps Volunteer my work here has been written up in the local newspapers, covered on the radio, and I even had a feature in one of Sofia's weekly magazines. This time, I went a different route. I went for the socialite party scene coverage. Yup, I was featured in the June edition of "Sofia Clubbing" magazine. Well, I guess I am not "featured" so much as a wee tiny picture was published. During a late night out in Sofia with a group of friends, my friend Max and I were approached by a photographer. They took our picture but it was hard to understand what it would be used for, or where it would be published (if even published). Weeks later we found out. A friend of Max's was flipping through the magazine to discover a couple of familiar faces. If you look closely you will find the small picture of Max and I in the lower right hand corner. It says Макс и Джесика. Cool, huh?


As Max said, "It's probably not exactly the media source the Peace Corps wants its volunteers to be featured in, but hey, it was all in good fun. And I fully expect Bulgarian People or US Weekly to be sending the paparazzi after me soon." I am not so sure about that, but one can have his dream :) And please, call me Miss Hollywood from now on.

To be honest, discos are not really my scene of choice. I would much rather head down to the local dive bar for a cold one. But sometimes, it is fun to get out there and boogie till the sun comes up.

I guess after all that dancing, it finally paid off.

No comments: