Sunday, September 09, 2007

Bringing the Bears to Bulgaria

During my grand ol' tour, we stopped into school so I could show off one of my biggest accomplishments while in Bulgaria. The completion of my grant: A media resource room and English library.

And to add my own little touch to the room, I put in a UC Berkeley Football mouse pad. Just trying to spread the joys of Cal football all over the world. I am sure no one ever noticed, but it was a small piece of home right there at my school in Bulgaria.

I even left the American football I had acquired with my school. Although, the football was a little beat up when I left. Playing with it on the hard asphault in the school yard, kicking it around like it was a soccer ball will do that to the ball. I used to love watching my students try to get that perfect spiral pass to their classmate. Quite amusing.

No comments: