Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My Second Home

Stara Zagora really did become my second home, my home away from home. I made it mine, and made a great amazing life for myself there.

The apartment building. A large communist block.


My apartment doors. I loved these doors. I could easily tell anyone that came to visit, which apartment was mine. I loved that red door!

The dark, musty entrance to my building. It always smelled, and the ground was always wet. It was like a very creepy basement, except that this was my everyday.


The mailboxes. Bulgaria does not really hold mail to a high standard. It is not a federal offense to open someone else's mail. And this is why I had all mail and packages sent to my school. How else would I have gotten my Fruity Pebble fix??

My door. Gospodin Mixhailovski Street, #81, Stara Zagora, BG 6000. My second home.

It may not look like much from the outside, like most places in Bulgaria, but it was warm and cozy. I had many a laugh and tear inside those doors, and I wouldn't trade any of it for the world.

1 comment:

Melody said...

remember when you had a blog...