Thursday, December 15, 2005

Year in Review...

Well, thought this should be interesting. Enjoy.

1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
I learned Bulgarian (a language useless in the states), moved to a new country, started a new profession and made entirely new friends. Like a friend said, I pretty much started living a new life.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions and will you make more for next year?
Are you kidding, no one ever keeps their resolutions, me included.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope. And my sister better not be trying yet...not till I get back.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope

5. What countries did you visit?
Just Bulgaria. And well, Italy during my layover, but that doesn't really count.

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
That is a tough one. I have my health and happiness. What more can I ask for.

7. What date from 2005 will remain etched in your memory, and why?
April 21, 2005. The day I said goodbye to my family, but met a rad girl named Julie, now my best friend here in BG.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Moving to Bulgaria to join the Peace Corps.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Nothing is considered failure...just a learning experience. Right?

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I got really sick in April. I even had to leave the SF Beer Fest early. Now you know I am really sick to leave an event like that.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My laptop. Without it I would feel lost.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mom. She puts up with all my many obscure emails and requests. And sends package after package. She rocks!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Honestly...some of my students. A few are just down right disrespectful.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Money?? hahahaha...I am a volunteer. I don't have any money.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
SNOW!!!! Although it hasn't snowed here in Stara Zagora, I was in Sofia for a big storm. It was great. I think I may even have my first white Christmas.

16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
Louis XIV-Finding Out True Love is Blind.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? its a toss up...i really miss my family and friends
ii. thinner or fatter? the same
iii. richer or poorer? poorer

18. What do you wish you had done more of?
writing to friends and family

19. What do you wish you had done less of?
assigning my students essays...it means I have to read and grade them

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
In Panagyrishte with my Bulgarian host family

21. What was your favorite TV program?
McCleouds Daughters and Myth Busters

22. What was the best book you read?
currently reading...The Kite Runner. This book is so effin good.

23. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Well, it was my friends discovery..Louis XIV. Ahh, the memories.

24. What did you want and get?
A challenge

25. What did you want and not get?
Nothing... My parents, aunt and uncle and friends rock with the packages!

26. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don't really watch too many current movies. But if I have to answer I would say the Interpreter with Nicole Kidman and Sean Penn.

27. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned 23 and partied like crazy in Sofia with many good friends.

28. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
lots and lots of layers..in the summer and winter

29. What kept you sane?
My Bulgarian boyfriend, Costa...my cat. At least I am not talking to myself.

30. What political issue stirred you the most?
Hurricane Katrina

31. Who do you miss?
I really miss my family and friends...and Holden (my kitty back home).

32. Who was the best new person you met?
All my new PC friends.. You know who you are.

33. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
Always look on the bright side. I could be living in a mud hut in the middle of Africa with no running water...or electricity.

34. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Yo chocolate girl, you look like something I want,
Your little Asian friend, she can come if she wants."

35. What do you love most about this year?
I LOVE all the amazing experiences I have had that have helped me grow (i know, a bit cheesy) and be the person I am today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How come I'm listed in item number 12 and not number 1? Shouldn't moms me number 1. Then I'm listed again, as a family member, on number 25. Again, should this be a higher number? I'm glad I make your world rock. Miss you so much.

Love,
MOM

Anonymous said...

I think your confused,those look like the number of things accomplished,not how those accomplishments rank.