Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Ode to Sugar Cereals....and My Mom!

Sugar cereal how I love to eat you in the morning.
I love to consume you in the afternoon.
Oh how I love sugar cereals in the evening.
Nothing pleases me more than sugar cereals..


Well, that was a pretty weak attempt at my ode. But seriously. I really love sugar cereals. Not all, but a select two to be exact. Lucky Charms and Fruity Pebbles. And what my mom has to do with any of this? Well, recently she sent me a package filled with both! I am now able to eat both Lucky Charms and Fruity Pebbles at any time of day. I usually have cornflakes with a banana because anything else is just too expensive on my Peace Corps budget. But now, I am living in the lap of luxury with my sugar cereals.


Okay, seriously, what is wrong with me. I know they aren't the most nutritious breakfast you can have, but man do I love the them. And it really only seems to be a more recent fixation. Maybe it is the constant lack of variety that Bulgarian grocer shops and cuisines have to offer. Maybe it is the ability to feel like a kid by saving all the marshmallows for my last spoonful. Whatever the case may be, I am more than grateful to my mom who has such a big heart and surprised me with 2 boxes of yummy and delicious cereals. Thanks mom! (And thanks to a few others who have sent a few boxes my way in the past.)

Mmm...all this talk of cereal. I think I will go have a bowl now.

No comments: