Wednesday, June 06, 2007

COS and my new glasses....

In the Peace Corps world of acronyms, COS stands for Close of Service. Maybe I have mentioned this before but it is hard to keep all of them straight. But you will probably here me mention my COS quite a bit. Over the next few weeks, I will be in and out of the Peace Corps office getting lots of papers signed, writing reports, and wrapping things up. This also includes the final medical exam as well.

And wouldn't you believe it, I need glasses!!!


Because this is something new for me, Peace Corps pays for my new glasses. I went with one of the medical staff members to pick out a pair. It is hard picking out glasses, especially when you have never really worn them before. The first pair is a funky set of red and light green glasses. They look much better in person than in this picture. Trust me!


As it turned out, glasses in Bulgaria are incredibly cheap. So, I decided to go ahead and get a second pair in case something happens to the other pair. I don't want to have to pay the ridiculous prices for a new pair when I get back to the states. Here is the second pair I picked. It was actually the other pair I was debating between when I got the other pair. This set is much more conservative.

And you don't have to tell me, I already know....Bulgaria is slowly breaking me (as my family says)!

No comments: