Sunday, June 03, 2007

INXS Comes to Sofia...

This past weekend I went to the long awaited concert of INXS.

Posters have been all over Bulgaria for months advertising the 80s Australian rock band. And it worked as fans filled the concert hall ready to rock out.

(Picture during the concert. I couldnt manage to keep a steady hand.)

I think many people were somewhat skeptical of the performance concerning the manner in which the new lead singer was going to replace Michael Hutchence, who died some 10 years ago. But I think he did a kick ass job. But I must be honest here, I never really listened to INXS much before. I just wanted to take advantage of the super cheap show and of course rock out to 80s music.

(Melody and I at the end of the show with beer in hand.)

I attended the concert with my good friend Melody and a whole bunch of miners who are working in a nearby town. I met 4 of them randomly in Stara Zagora during a night out partying, and they happened to mention they were going because after all, one of them was Australian.

(Friends Kev, the Aussie, and Matt, the American.)

And according to one of the local papers here "For those who were present at the concert meeting the old but new band was love at first sight and “they will never, never tear us apart…”"

It was good times had by all, and I cant wait for my next concert, whatever it may be!

No comments: