Saturday, June 16, 2007

Friends Visiting....

I have had three beautiful friends visiting me for the last 10 days. Hence the delay in posting. They arrived on Wednesday, June 6th and went back to their lives Saturday, June 16th. We traveled all over Bulgaria by foot, bus, taxi and car. Visited 9 cities, sang karaoke 3 different times, and even celebrated one birthday. Bare with me as I slowly start posting the pictures and stories from the great adventure.

Day One: Girls arrive in Sofia Airport. We immediately head to Stara Zagora by a 3 hour bus. Freshen up a bit before heading out for a quiet night on the town of dinner and drinks.

(Me, Ginger, Aileen and Alanna)

What was meant to be a quiet night turned into a night of a bit of drunken debauchery. While sitting at my favorite bar Drums, a table of guys started buying us drinks because one of them just had a baby. (It is customary to treat people when celebrating something big like this.) When it was time to go, I think we left many wounded soldiers (unfinished drinks) on the table.

Day Two: Alanna's 25th Birthday!!! We attended class, explored the city and pumped ourselves for a bit of Karaoke. My sitemate Alex had 3 friends in town who joined us as well as some of my former students. (Alanna, the birthday girl, Aileen, and me)

It was a happening night of Bulgarian style partying. From Karaoke we hit up the disco for some dancing. And topped off the night with the lobby bar for one last drink, or water in some cases.
(Alanna walking home as the sun is coming up!)

I think it was an unforgettable birthday for Alanna and fun was had by all. But I must say, the next morning was a bit un-fun as most of us were trying to get over the hang over. My friends tell me, they are not used to this kind of partying. It is hard to keep up.

No comments: