Thursday, June 28, 2007

School Days....

My school. Romain Rolland. This is where I teach a long 4 day work week. This is where I had my final days of teaching. It is hard to believe that my two year stint of teaching is over. But I couldn't have asked for a better ending. One of my 9th grade classes emailed me to see if it was okay to have a party for the last day of class. A party! Why of course! The party was a big hit. We had drinks and sweets and balloons....and music! Ivailo, the kid with the big hair who always sits in the back, brought in his guitar and started playing. I was so touched. The line up included "Hero" by Enrique Iglesias, "Bed of Roses" by Bon Jovi, and to top it off "Leaving on a Jet Plane" by John Denver. He even sang a song that he wrote himself...in English. Quite impressive actually. It was a quick class, and sad to say goodbye.

Here is an email I got from my student Maggie after I sent her a quick email saying thanks for the party:

"I am so glad you liked it because that was the purpose! We really tried to make your last lesson great. Throughout the year we all enjoyed your interesting and exciting classes. I just got a lot of experience with you because you managed to learn us how to be more social and talkative, not to be aware of what we think and just see what is it actually like to have a foreigner as a teacher. The only thing I regret about is that we won't be able to see you again in our school, town and country, which is sad! I felt pretty good when we had to do all kinds of activities I hadn't done before. I just do not know what else to say in terms of how you helped us all to improve your language skills!!! We will miss you very very very much!:)"


How great is that! It's a very touching email if I may say so. I really will miss all my Bulgarian students I have taught these past 2 years. I will always remember them and wish them all the best in the future!

No comments: