Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Helllloooo Turkey!

We arrived into Istanbul in the evening, jumped into the hotel shuttle, and were wisked away. And when I say whisked, I mean packed into a shuttle, holding on for dear life, and trying to soak up the sights as we reached further and further into the city. As we approached the center, the streets became more narrow and apparently one-way. Cars had to reverse out of a street if an oncoming car was coming.


(Istanbul at night)


The hotel we stayed in was the same place my friends and I stayed a year before. It was the Side Pension and Hotel. A hotel/pension. We stayed in the hotel side this time. The only difference here was the fact that it was supposed to have air conditioning. And in the middle of the summer in Turkey, you want air conditioning. Unfortunately, they were all full up and our reservation didn't mean much to them, so we were stuck in a smallish room with 2 beds and a cot, and zero A/C. A small fan was supplied to us, but I find that those sometimes just push the hot air around rather than producing any cool air at all. I was disappointed and angry as this is what I had reserved, but what could I do?

We stepped out for a quick glimpse of our neighborhood, grabbed a bite, and headed in for a good nights rest. We were exhausted.

No comments: