Monday, December 11, 2006

Twinkle Lights...year 2.

Winter in Bulgaria. I hate it. It is so cold, drab and dreary (and any other dark word you can think of). And this year, it hasnt even really begun yet. We have had only one brief snow fall here in Stara Zagora, but nothing stuck. But as much as I hate the winter here in Bulgaria, there are two things I like best about it. First, I love how the snow makes the grey and dirty country seem like a winter wonderland. And second, I love the holiday twinkle likes. And life just got a little better. I can honstly say that I love the twinkle lights that come along with winter and the holidays. And Stara Zagora just got into the spirit of things.


So, you know the guy in the states who goes overboard with decorating his house for the holidays? Well, in Bulgaria, the municipality building is that guy. I think they may love twinkle lights more than I do. I think you can see the glow of the lights from a mile away.


I think I may just decorate my terrace with lights again this year. This country can always use a little more cheery light. i HEART twinkle lights!

No comments: