Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Jessica from Berkeley...

Awhile back I was in Sofia for a meeting with Peace Corps. I was staying at a hostel I usually frequent, Be My guest. The owner of the hostel knows Peace Corps volunteers well as they are always coming into Sofia for this and that. Every week, someone from his hostel, usually a foreigner, is interviewed for a Sofia weekly magazine. Well, that week was my lucky week! He asked if I wanted to be interviewed and of course I agreed. I made plans to meet the lady the next night after my meeting.


The interview: I was very excited as this was my first "real" interview in Bulgaria. (My students are always interviewing me for the local paper, but I have only ever seen one of the articles.) Anyways, the interview started out well, but as it progressed all I could think was "Really? You want to know my favorite place in Spain? Why? What does this have to do with anything?" If you look close enough you will be able to see just how random the interview must have been..there are names of my favorite bars in San Luis Obispo where I went to college. Like I said...basically, the entire interview did not really have any logical order, but eh. What could I do. They weren't my questions. A week later, this article was published in the magazine. A full page spread with a color picture!!

(*Note: If you click on the picture, it should open a new page and you can see a larger version of the article. You can even read if you so wish. Although you must know Bulgarian to do so!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you saved a copy for your scrapbook.

Do you want to tranlate?