Sunday, May 13, 2007

80s night in Stara Zagora....

As my group of volunteers is getting ready to leave Bulgaria over the next 2 months, I thought it only best to have one last horrah! And what a better way to do that than make it an wildly rad 80s party in Stara Zagora. About 13 people came into town for the night and we had a blast.

I must say getting ready was pretty damn fun. We rocked out to 80s music and used this video as inspiration.

I want to dance with somebody - Whitney Houston


And for anyone that knows me, they know Whitney was my idol long before Celine.

(The gang with my Bulgarian Baba (granny) and Diado (grandpa) out on their benches.)

My balcony is on the first floor, thus providing the neighborhood with loads of entertainment as we got ready. We crimped our hair, put on blue mascara and hot pink blush, and wore off the shoulder shirts. The night was filled with so many good moments but I think I the best was watching people's reactions as we walked around painting the town red. People either thought we were absolutely insane, or just foreign. Maybe both.

1 comment:

Melody said...

I wish I could've seen the face of your baba when you asked to take a picture!!