Sunday, January 14, 2007

America is all around us...

Recently I was walking around town taking pictures of interesting happenings. You know, the usual. Weird walls, dilapidated houses, and just simply things that struck me. As I was taking my casual stroll through town I came upon this car.


I actually have no idea what kind of car it is, and that is not what is important anyhow. But if you look closer, you will notice something in the back seat. Oh, thats right. A big American flag covering the seat. Not just any American flag. An flag with a giant big rig in the middle of it. The big rig, being a large staple to the American culture giving thousands of men and women a very respectable living. But do they really love America that much? Or is this simply an American flag in the back seat of a car?


Either way, it is always interesting to see how America is all around us. From people on the street wearing a second hand U.S.A. t-shirt or the jeans that have the University of California seal painted on one pant leg , to the McDonalds and other mega-corporations that invade every country, to the American pop music playing at the corner market or bar, to the simple flag in the back seat of the car.

America really is all around us. And there is no escaping or avoiding that fact. And you know what...? It always makes me laugh a little and smile because it reminds me of my precious homeland that means so much to me. A land of so many possibilities and opportunities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FK................AMERICA