Thursday, January 11, 2007

Bluuuueee Skiiiiieeesss, Shining On Me...

I swear that is a real song. But lately, people keep looking at me all crazy like when I start singing it. I have never been good at remembering lyrics to songs and usually rely on other people to help me out. But no one seems to know this one. Oh well.


The reason for that whole little side note is this.... Here is my wonderful block apartment, with blue skies and all. The winter season officially kicked off on December 21st, but it definitely doesn't feel that way at all. It is probably a good 5o degrees Fahrenheit outside most days. And of course, coming from California, I am not going to complain in the least. Cold weather just doesn't do it for me unless I am cuddled up next to a warm fire.


Maybe it is a sign of global warming, but the walk to school at 7 in the morning and the walk home at 7 in the evening are almost bearable. There is no snow to slush around on, and no ice to slip on. I don't know if I can say it any more, but this new year is surely off on the right foot.


Enjoy the pictures of my wonderful communist block apartment. That last picture is the outside of my very apartment on the first floor with the bars on the balcony and the entrance on the right. It just makes you all gooey inside, doesn't it?

1 comment:

Emily said...

Irving Berlin...Blue Skies. It is a song and it does exist.


I enjoy following some blogs, and yours in unique. Take care and continue to make a difference!

Take care,
Emily