Sunday, January 28, 2007

I am not crazy...

Recently I wrote a blog posting titled "Bluuuueee Skiiiiieeesss, Shining On Me.." And I thought I was going crazy singing a completely made up song. But thanks to a blog reader, I have been informed that I am perfectly sane as this actually is a really famous song written by Irving Berlin.

My question now is simple. All I can seem to find is the instrumental version to this song and tons of other random artists singing their own version of the song. Can anyone out there give me the heads up to a great version of this song, other than the one I sing...


Here are the lyrics that you will probably recognize. (Its such a relief knowing this really does exist.) Enjoy!

I was blue, just as blue as I could be
Evry day was a cloudy day for me
Then good luck came a-knocking at my door
Skies were gray but theyre not gray anymore

Blue skies
Smiling at me
Nothing but blue skies
Do I see

Bluebirds
Singing a song
Nothing but bluebirds
All day long

Never saw the sun shining so bright
Never saw things going so right
Noticing the days hurrying by
When youre in love, my how they fly

Blue days
All of them gone
Nothing but blue skies
From now on

I should care if the wind blows east or west
I should fret if the worst looks like the best
I should mind if they say it cant be true
I should smile, thats exactly what I do

(*Note: Picture taken by a friend at the reservoir here in Stara Zagora. It really is bluuuee skiiiies!)

No comments: