Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Mail..

Everyone loves getting mail. I know I do. It is always exciting to have something waiting for you. And usually it means someone is thinking of you (unless of course it is the weekly Newsweek that Peace Corps sends us.) And I do get my fair share of care packages from home, letters from friends, and postcards of those traveling. But like many Peace Corps volunteers, I get my mail sent to my school. It is safer and more reliable. There is a better guarantee that it will actually get to me in due time.

The set of mail boxes pictured are the mail boxes at the entrance of my block apartment. Now do you see why I trust the school rather than my own home? There are no unit labels or even locks. Its more like a free for all. A big thanks goes out to all those who have been kind enough to send me anything, no matter how big or small. It means a lot that you are thinking of me.

No comments: