Monday, January 29, 2007

Hiking..lots and lots of hiking..

One of the things Stara Zagora has and likes to boast about is their park. The Ayazmoto Park. Eternally green, it dominates the northern section of the city with 939 acres of local variety trees. In 1895, the park was established by the Bishop of Stara Zagora, Methodiy Kusev. He turned the bare rocky hillside into a marvelous park where all the locals enjoy relaxing...in the nature. Within the park, there is also a zoo, playgrounds for children, badminton courts, a sports complex, an open air theater and many, many benches throughout to rest those tired feet.


And as of late, I have been enjoying the park myself. Too bad it has taken me over and year and a half to really discover the park. My students took on hikes through the park my first summer here, but I never went back after that. Well, until recently anyways. With all the good weather that winter has brought, I have been trying to get out as much as possible. There are so many different trails you can take that lead you in so many different directions. Each path leads you somewhere new. And thats what I like. A break from the monotonous routine.

*Note: A self photo on one of my hikes. You just gotta love the self photo. I seem to be a big fan of them lately.

No comments: