Sunday, April 29, 2007

80s night at Maskata...

Maskata. One of my favorite night clubs in Bulgaria. And they have one of the best live music stages! Well, the only live music stage that I know of. Every night - a different band! Every night - a wild party till dawn! Located in the student district of Sofia, it is definitely worth checking out. I miss places like this, I miss the live bands. And I just don't get enough of it here. And thats why I love this place!


This time, we were out in full force celebrating a number of events. The welcoming back of a good friend Link, the birthday of another Link, and the farewell of Peace Corps volunteer Mark. It was fun times had by all.

See here. This isn't even the whole gang. They must have been on the dance floor getting their groove thing on.

And to make it even more interesting, some of the girls (with my convincing) decided to dress 80s style. That meant really hip clothes with crazy fun accessories. I had a weird off the shoulder shirt that said gym girl in sparkles and Carin sported an odd shirt for aerobics featuring heating class. (Tell me, what exactly is heating class in aerobics?) We had the bright jewelry, the fish net gloves, and of course the side pony that are all very classic 80s. With no real planning we couldn't go all out. But next time, beware. It is going to be a fantabulous 80s night!!!


Notice the black ballet slippers. Next time, I promise hot pink sparkle shoes in action!! Just you wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dork. :-)