Monday, April 16, 2007

Is it time to go??

After any long vacation it is always hard to get back on track. You have to re-settle yourself, catch up on things and just plain relax. The old saying goes, you need a vacation from your vacation.

Well, things certainly did not change this time around. I had been gone for 2 weeks and upon my return I was exhausted. My last day of travel was even a bit extreme. I had to take a night train from Prague to Budapest, then a flight from Budapest to Sofia, and finally a 3 hour bus back to Stara Zagora with no time in between. Needless to say, I was tired. And to top it all off, I had to go to class the next morning and teach for 6 hours. "Ugh" was all I could think. But something happened that day on my walk to school. Something that gave me a new realization.


As I was walking to school, I went to cross the street. I looked to see a car driving hurriedly down the road. I even had to step back a bit so it wouldn't run over my feet. After the car passed, I continued my usual route to school. But then I thought... "Man, if that car had run over my feet, I wouldn't have to go to school today!"

Whoa. What kind of person hopes her feet get run over so she can miss work?? I think that is my cue to head home soon. And fortunately enough I guess, I am headed home in just about 4 months. But don't get me wrong, life here is good. It is great even! Several days have passed since that incident, and things are back to normal. I am enjoying life and keeping busy as always. Not to mention the weather is amazing and all the outdoor cafes are back! This is the best time to be in Bulgaria.

So, don't worry guys, I am not hoping for any more close run ins with passing cars (especially not in my emerald slippers)!

No comments: