Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A Canadian, a Kiwi, a Texan, and more...

These are just some of the friends I met along the way. In all my travels over spring break, I managed to meet loads of new people. People who I shared a few laughs and a couple of good beers with. Some even became travel buddies during my trip. And some I met up later with in different cities.


City One: My new friends in Budapest. Out on the town enjoying a few drinks wrapped up in some cozy blankets. Really, this is their ploy to get you to sit at their restaurant. "We don't have heaters to keep you warm, but these soft blankets are much more cozy and romantic. " Pictured here are a few Americans, a Kiwi, and a Canadian.

City three: Kitsch, the coolest nigh club in town. On the third floor of an old warehouse building in the center of Krakow, Monica (the Canadian) whom I traveled with to Bratislava and Krakow, Slavek (the hostel owner), and I got our groove on to some good old American music. Quite fun actually.


City Four: It's always nice running into a friendly face, and that is exactly what happened. I met back up with my friend Kiwi friend Amanda, whom I originally met in Budapest. From Budapest to Prague, we had a little fun with some Aussie boys. Who knew they were so crazy?


And finally, Easter: While waiting for my train in Poland, I met a couple girls traveling around on their spring break from semester abroad. We chatted but went on our ways. Randomly enough, I ran into Louise on the streets of Prague and we made plans to meet up for Easter. We got some Mexican food and a few beers. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect Easter when traveling alone.

Now you have it all. Lots of travels, stories, pictures, and friends. It was a great kind of "last hurrah" before I finish up my service. A much needed hurrah!

No comments: